Sunday 3 March 2013

Thematic Project

This was work from my last module at uni. We were to choose a theme to start off and then take the project off in our own directions. I chose to base mine on a song called 'Song of Myself' by Nightwish, which in turn was inspired by Walt Whitman's poem 'Song of Myself'.
For me, the song represents all the different sides of life, the good and the bad. I wanted to design a concertina booklet - one side the good things - one side the bad things.

After doing some research I designed the booklet so the image flowed across all the pages to make up one long image. 

This is my final sketchy dummy book - this is roughly what I intended the finals to look like. 


The bad side 


The good side 

I chose two sections from each side to work up as finals but they didn't go quite how I wanted. Later on I would like to re-visit this project and complete final artwork for the whole booklet. 

These are some parts of my final artwork.








No comments:

Post a Comment